Tuesday, January 27, 2009

day 1 triathlon training...

Well, we are back to a routine after these crazy weeks of weather and I am hoping to get my life in order again!
Did my first bike of the season at 5a.m. this morning. Felt pretty good, I can see how running over the winter has helped! I never get used to that sore neck from the first ride though!
I am trying to get my nutrition on track again as well- this part not so easy. I sure do like my pizza, fries, burgers, etc. While talking with another teacher at work today he told me that he doesn't need anything to motivate him to eat well- he just does. I am so jealous! I need a race or a trip somewhere that I have to be in a swim suit... I think I am like every other person in that I decide to eat better- but get mixed up it the word "better". It always depends on who you talk to. Better could mean less junk, or low carbs, or more calories, etc. Honestly, I cannot decide which category I should fall in and then sabotage myself by giving in. Should I eat more protein? Is oatmeal by itself a good breakfast? Does my protein shake have too much sugar in it? UGHHHHH! Someone save me from myself!
I guess what it all comes down to is- cut out the crap, don't eat out, watch the portions, eat breakfast, and don't eat dinner too late. I bet if I can follow that without giving in I can meet my goals.
I have told myself if I can just get on my tri program, follow those nutrition goals, and start weight training it will only take a few weeks and I will feel good again. Sounds easy but I am counting each minute, calorie, and LB..... :)
Everything in moderation--- right :) hahaha

No comments: