Monday, May 11, 2009

a beautiful day


well, it is beautiful and the snow is gone! I have been waiting until it is safe to write that! My face is tan- minus the sunglass tan line, and my hands are tan as well! Is that an Alaskan tan vs. a farmer's tan?
Took my bike for a beautiful ride from Indian to Girdwood yesterday. That was the first time I have ridden that trail! It was a blast and BEAUTIFUL! Oh, i said that already... Anyway, had fun cruising and wore my TT helmet to test it out before the race next weekend. I got some pretty strange looks- especially from the little kids out there! A nice head wind on the way back and some riding in the water made it interesting. It was so nice not to worry about cars! I will say though there was some drama with a lady and kid stopping in the middle and wiping out a friend. I felt pretty bad about that. I know I still mess up and ski the wrong direction, etc. but I look at biking as driving- would you stop in the middle of the road??? Oh well! Live and learn. I am just waiting for one of those dogs off the leash to run right in front of me at 20+mph...
Enough negative! GNT is this weekend and I think I mentioned it is a bit crazy of a course this year... I have mixed emotions about the whole thing. Putting pressure on myself to do well and then the other part of me that backs off and says "just go with the flow". The swim is a snake swim- hopefully that goes smoothly, but its only a 300 which means it really comes down to the bike and run. I am hoping my practices on the new bike have prepared me- shifting is a bit different but I feel like I have the hang of it! I just need to move my A$$ on the run! I keep thinking of it as a tune up race but the remember the ER tri date was moved so I am not sure what I will be tuning up for! At the end of the day - my hopes are that it is sunny, that I move quickly through transitions, and I am happy with my efforts! Wish me luck :) Ciao for now!

No comments: