Monday, December 15, 2008

brrrrr! it's cold out there!

Well, it has been a crazy rush to the end of the semester and I just realized I am down to 5 weeks of training. I find myself wondering why I didn't start a running program much sooner in life! Don't get me wrong, I have had my ups and downs but physically my body has not fallen apart as I assumed it would!!! For once, I followed the simple rule of progression- DUH! You would think by now I would practice what I preach!

It has been freezing cold, but I have loved the running outside. As stupid as it is, I love to take pictures of where I run. Something to look back on I guess. When I decided to start triathlons and running in general (about 4-5 years ago) I was in Hawaii. I hadn't brought any good running gear. I had shox tennis shoes to walk in and some cotton shorts for the beach. I was hanging out and realized I was bored with my life! It wasn't my friends or family, I was bored that I had no challenges... I was finishing my master's and just couldn't figure out what was next. I spent my whole life training and realized I was settling for a life of a couch potato! So, I got up early and went for a 30 min. run. It was painful!!! I thought I would die! But every morning I got up and ran. One day Jason and my brother in law even joined me!! The last day I ran, I took my camera and photographed a few of my favorite spots. I know one day I will run that course again and appreciate all of the hard work I have put in :)

So, as silly as my pictures are to some of you- I guess they are another bar on my Letterman's jacket, or another medal on my wall :)

Once I kick this cold! 5 more weeks and a picture from my first Marathon!!!!! Hopefully I am smiling :)

1 comment:

John Clark said...

Good girl. You can never start early enough for a marathon and you will never be in good enough shape. So just go with you got cuz its got to be good enough.