Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Drool...

Finally a day to lay around and relax! I am flat out exhausted with being sick and getting through my kids finals! I slept all day & am wondering when am I ever going to get over this stupid cold??? I could survive a stuffy nose, but this chest congestion is kicking my butt! I have been getting more and more down feeling like my illness is laziness. My mileage has dropped in the last two weeks and I really need to stop freaking out about whether or not I have trained enough! Part of me just wants to say "who cares" and just run anyway! Then 5 miles into my run on Saturday I felt like death! I came home and told Jason "I really need something to motivate me!"

Well, an early Christmas unveiled the motivation I have been seeking for the last two years!
I know it isn't for running, but the bike of my dreams wheeled itself into my life yesterday! That's right- a Cervello P2!!!!!! It is mine! I actually cried! When my nephew asked "why did you cry" I explained "that bike costs more than my car I drove in college!"... What a generous gift- I cannot say thank you enough!

So now, as I sit coughing on my couch I realize that maybe I will get close to my goal marathon pace in 4 weeks- maybe I won't. But- I will bust my A$$ this tri season because I want to be fast! :)

Merry Christmas- I hope you get the gifts you have been wishing for forever!!!

No comments: