Monday, December 1, 2008

I need a snow day!!!

Well, I have the Thanksgiving blues today.... I was wishing for a snow day, c'mon you know you were too! Now we are on the count down to Christmas vacation~ I am having a hard time believing we will be introducing 2009 before too long!

Not much exciting on the training front here. I experienced some pain I have never experienced before~ the worst cramps in my calves EVER! They won't go away which pretty much made Saturday and Sunday impossible to run! They were so tight that I couldn't even rub them out with the roller!

I guess the plus side was that I decided to Ski on Saturday instead. One of Jason's friends told him that skiing would be a great cross training activity to running 5 days per week. I decided since the snow didn't look like it would stop I would give it a go. My calves didn't bother me and to be quite truthful, It was awesome! You couldn't ask for a more beautiful day! It brought me back to all of those ski expeditions I used to take with my uncles. Of course that was back country but it was always so much fun! So Saturday was great, I skied the Hilltop loop two times, had quite a few people pass me, but overall I felt like I was totally alone... I did see one beautiful Bull Moose, tried to get my camera out but he was shy and left.

Sunday was a Christmas decorating day and I decided that for one day in the last I don't know how many of training I would hang at home. I found this very hard to enjoy, lots of guilt, but I forced myself into relaxing instead. Finished a book, decorated, and chilled with Jason and the dogs...

So, today is a new day. Reality has sank in! I will try to run again today, hopefully it is not as painful as last week!!! Happy December 2008...

2 comments:

John Clark said...

Nice. How's your ski technique? Maybe I'll help you with skiing if you help me with swimming.

Jole said...

my skiing sucks! I am sooooo slow but I enjoy it!!!
I can teach you how to swim! That would be awesome!!!